WOLF (An OC Group)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't settle for the rest, BE A WOLF!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

8/7/2014 An explanation and an apology

Go down 
AuthorMessage
doggy2
Admin King
Admin King
doggy2

8/7/2014 An explanation and an apology Empty
Post8/7/2014 An explanation and an apology

Hey everyone. Remember me?

You bet your sweet axe you do.

I am still shocked that these forums are still up, hasn't been a post in a long time now, but still up. And i'm even more shocked to find out about some of the relationships that you people have forged here.

I might not have never come back here if it wasn't for mattman messaging me out of the blue. To be honest, that was the first time in about two years that I had even thought of LBP or WOLF. And we chatted, and that lead to a WOLF reunion in chat that you can see in the chat archive. Lollie, matt, Lucky, and hipx were there with me, and we could barely even talk  coherently.

This lead to a LBP reunion and lots of messing around and good times. And I still am in that initial state of shock. But i also feel something else.

Shame.

I left you all swinging in the wind with no explanation or word. And I have no excuse for that. But I do have a reason for why.

A week after my last post here, I noticed a depressing decline in activity both on LBP and here. No one was posting anymore here, and I also noticed an overall trend on LBP. The most popular levels on LBP were getting a fraction of traffic they used to, and I just felt this game was no longer really important to me, and was only burning me out.

This combined with a part time job (That was practically a full time job), college prep, band, friends, and other IRL things left me very little time for anything LBP related.

I don't think I could've stopped my disappearance, but I could've at least given an explanation SOMETHING, for what was happening. And for that, I truly am sorry. Especially seeing how so many of you stuck together long after I left.

There is no changing the past, but now after yesterday and playing LBP 2, and learning about LBP 3, I look towards the future.

I probably can't bring my ps3 with me when I go back to college in a week. And even if I could, I have so much… um… "Studying" to do, time will be in short supply for me. (In all seriousness, I do have schoolwork, D&D, and I have a leadership position in my fraternity).

But even if this is the case, our meeting yesterday might open possibilities in other games.

I also say this: I might be able to bring my ps3 with me, and I might find SOME time in college. So we'll see what happens.

Let's see what happens.

-doggy2
Back to top Go down
https://wolfforums.forummotion.com
Share this post on: reddit

8/7/2014 An explanation and an apology :: Comments

Korvic
Re: 8/7/2014 An explanation and an apology
Post Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:16 pm  Korvic
If we're going to work on wolf again, we may want to do a few things now that we're not all 14 years of age. Razz

I'm talking new banner, new look, and possibly a different theme all together. Rather than being a LBP group, we all know that we play different games, and the key thing about this is that because of the way LBP is set up as it is right now (possibly will change in the future), it's not set up for groups or clans. There's not a server level type thing where we can join in freely and work on a project. We'd all have to be there. So, instead of just an LBP group, what about just a general game group?

We've already got the start of a group, we've got a forum, we've got a multimedia artist, and we've got games. The only real thing we're missing would be a TeamSpeak server. We could even do YouTube stuff if we wanted to, get more popular that way too. After all, all we did in LBP anyway was mess around with friends mostly.

What're everyone else's thoughts on this?
doggy2
Post Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:05 am  doggy2
Korvic wrote:
If we're going to work on wolf again, we may want to do a few things now that we're not all 14 years of age. Razz

I'm talking new banner, new look, and possibly a different theme all together. Rather than being a Little Big Planet group, we all know that we play different games, and the key thing about this is that because of the way Little Big Planet is set up as it is right now (possibly will change in the future), it's not set up for groups or clans. There's not a server level type thing where we can join in freely and work on a project. We'd all have to be there. So, instead of just an Little Big Planet group, what about just a general game group?

We've already got the start of a group, we've got a forum, we've got a multimedia artist, and we've got games. The only real thing we're missing would be a TeamSpeak server. We could even do YouTube stuff if we wanted to, get more popular that way too. After all, all we did in Little Big Planet anyway was mess around with friends mostly.

I'd be on board for this
Korvic
Post Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:43 pm  Korvic
Korvic wrote:

Sorry everyone, didn't realize you couldn't post. Should be fixed now. ^_^
mattman111
Post Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:48 pm  mattman111
Totally on board with this. We need a site redesign, and we need to archive the old posts and clean up the forum.
doggy2
Post Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:59 pm  doggy2
Korvic wrote:
Korvic wrote:

Sorry everyone, didn't realize you couldn't post. Should be fixed now. ^_^

Well now that we have an idea, I want to clarify something. I have to see how school plays out to see how much I can do. But to start, I suggest we list all the games were playing now and to see what we can branch out to.

I'm playing

• Little Big Planet 2 (waiting for 3)
  • Starcraft 2
  • Civ 5
  • Skyrim (and I still play a bit of Oblivion XD)
  • I'd be open to starting LOL again for me
mattman111
Post Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:38 pm  mattman111
doggy2 wrote:

• Little Big Planet 2 (waiting for 3)
  • Starcraft 2
  • Civ 5
  • Skyrim (and I still play a bit of Oblivion XD)
  • I'd be open to starting LOL again for me

I've never heard of this LOL, but dota 2 is good.
Korvic
Post Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:33 pm  Korvic
Mostly I play LoL (League of Legends) and Minecraft. I'unno if I'd get back into Little Big Planet full throttle as of yet. I would if I could play it off my PC, but to swap over to my PS3/PS4 (If I get a PS4 that is) is just annoying. I've also been playing Borderlands, have DayZ (Mod & Standalone) but haven't been playing much of it. Guns of Icarus is fun.

Here's my entire steam library;
8/7/2014 An explanation and an apology 780a45d6883cc6f1a600743a35aec394
8/7/2014 An explanation and an apology 78a45a655b8a1b988655971d696cd4e2

I installed Dota 2, but after trying it a few times, I just don't like it as much as League. It's graphics were a bit better to start with, but League is catching up, and doesn't feel as clunky imo, however we could have both so that we're not pro-league or pro-dota (like a lot of people), seeing as I just prefer League's system.
mattman111
Post Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:12 am  mattman111
Korvic wrote:

I installed Dota 2, but after trying it a few times, I just don't like it as much as League. It's graphics were a bit better to start with, but League is catching up, and doesn't feel as clunky imo, however we could have both so that we're not pro-league or pro-dota (like a lot of people), seeing as I just prefer League's system.

Dota 2 isn't clunky imo, It's slower. Much more balanced due to that.
doggy2
Post Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:09 pm  doggy2
AWW shiz! How could I forget? I also play some tf2
mattman111
Post Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:04 pm  mattman111
So I'm going to force Korvic to a match of Dota 2 to show him how fun it can be with friends.

Last edited by mattman111 on Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Korvic
Post Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:59 pm  Korvic
mattman111 wrote:
So my marathon level got team picked..

Sounds like it should be posted in another topic rather than the news post talking about what we're doing with Wolf. Razz
FocusRSdude
Post Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:35 pm  FocusRSdude
Party hard. Sorta. College is too much work to get on a ps3 and I don't have a nice gaming computer there either. If I'm on steam or ps3 you can message me if you like.

PSN: FocusRSdude
Steam: focusrsdude, or Liberty Prime, not sure which one you actually need.

8/7/2014 An explanation and an apology

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WOLF (An OC Group) :: News-
Jump to: