WOLF (An OC Group)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't settle for the rest, BE A WOLF!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hey guys News 12-22-2010

Go down 
+3
lolliechocolate
Crifnud
doggy2
7 posters
AuthorMessage
doggy2
Admin King
Admin King
doggy2

Hey guys News 12-22-2010 Empty
PostSubject: Hey guys News 12-22-2010   Hey guys News 12-22-2010 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 8:41 pm

I just wanted to say something to you all.

You are some of the funniest, coolest, and most creative people I have ever met.

You may be wondering why I said that.

Because yesterday, I wanted to quit WOLF.

I spent most of my evening thinking of a goodbye post to say to you all. The very thought of touching LBP made me cringe. And it still does. Because LBP is one of the best games I have every played, but it's also one the most frustrating. The community is the WORST I have ever seen in a game, and it pisses me off to no end. Every time I touch this game, when thing comes to mind:

What could have been.

LBP could've been a place of artisitic genius and perfection, but it instead is a place where the same crap is made

over

and over

AND OVER

AND OVER

AND OVER

AND OVER AGAIN

So that is another reason.

Third, there was my plans for next semester. I have a lot going on. But To be honest, I can manage my time wisely so it.

The biggest reason I thought about quitting WOLF though is my lack of creation skills. You guys will never admit it, but we all know who is the worst creater here. And that person is me. I suck at creating, all I have is some crappy anti H4H level to is one notch above noobish. I have always been an advocate of leading by example. And every time I see something amazing that you guys do, I feel kind of ashamed. And its not you, its me.

But, i'm not quitting

Because I believe that no matter how bad things get, they can get better, and I believe that you must always finish what you start.

But mostly, I am so excited for LBP 2. I have a feeling that the second I start playing that game, that spark that I got when I first got LBP will reingnite when I pick up that game.

But now, where does that leave us?

This half of the post was overdramatic, and I shoudn't have posted it.

I now have a pretty good idea on what we will be doing for LBP 2.

We will make the transfer to LBP 2, but we will continue operations in LBP 1. Jaslow does have a point though, so here's what we'll do.

We'll transfer to LBP 2, and in three months we'll have a vote over wheather to transfer fully, do half and half, or go back to LBP 1.

Also, I will be taking a break from LBP. I'll still post here though.

Thank you all for listening

-doggy2

Last edited by doggy2 on Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://wolfforums.forummotion.com
Crifnud
Super Talkers
Super Talkers
Crifnud

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys News 12-22-2010   Hey guys News 12-22-2010 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 10:20 pm

Hopefully my spark will too, reignite.

You are a great leader Doggy and I hope you never leave. No matter what your creation skill level is, we can always help you make a cool level so you dont have to be so damned ashamed of yourself.We are here for you as a group! those that agree, quote this.
Back to top Go down
lolliechocolate
lolliechocolate

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys News 12-22-2010   Hey guys News 12-22-2010 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 12:45 am

Doggy, this isn't to be mean, but the only reason why you can't create good, is cause you don't think you can. If you put yourself in the right mindset, you will be able to do wonders. I got sad there for a second, who would take over wolf if you left? Would you even bother making someone else admin so they could take over?
Back to top Go down
doggy2
Admin King
Admin King
doggy2

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys News 12-22-2010   Hey guys News 12-22-2010 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 1:50 pm

lollie chocolate wrote:
Doggy, this isn't to be mean, but the only reason why you can't create good, is cause you don't think you can. If you put yourself in the right mindset, you will be able to do wonders. I got sad there for a second, who would take over wolf if you left? Would you even bother making someone else admin so they could take over?

Maybe. I can psyche myself out a lot. A lot of the stuff in LBP 2 might give me a chance. Especially the compser

And if I ever did leave, I would at least give that courtesy.
Back to top Go down
FocusRSdude
FocusRSdude

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys News 12-22-2010   Hey guys News 12-22-2010 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 5:52 pm

Yea a lot of people think they suck at creating, but mostly they just make a block add some wheels and say there's my car in stead of trying to make it better. and if it doesn't work fix or add sometime to it . You just have to spend time on it and when you make a good one you can use what is good about that one and start out with a decent thingymabob and make it better. it just takes time and patience. I mean I didn't make my first tank in 10 min it probably took like 1 hr for the treads alone. and It took over a week to actually finish the tank.

hope fully you understood my rant Razz
Back to top Go down
hipx55
Forum Addiction
Forum Addiction
hipx55

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys News 12-22-2010   Hey guys News 12-22-2010 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 7:20 pm

Quote :
You are some of the funniest, coolest, and most creative people I have ever met.
THanks lol
Back to top Go down
jaslow
jaslow

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys News 12-22-2010   Hey guys News 12-22-2010 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 8:44 pm

Doggy, your attitude to the community can be frustrating at times. If the community did not like bomb survivals, shark survivals, jump challenges, they wouldn't be highly rated. The community is not unfair, you are just of a different audience, with different tastes than the majority of the community.

LittleBigPlanet is just like gaming as a whole, there is a LOT of crap that sells a LOT of copies, but the best stuff wins the awards and respect of those who want it. If the only thing you want from LBP is fame, the only way your going to get it is to join the cause that you hate. My most played level, If Trees Could Speak got 500 some plays, which is nothing compared to what is on the front page of Cool Levels, yet I am immensely satisfied with it, as it was spotlighted on LBPC, and received 80 hearts. I guarantee you a play to heart ratio like that will not be found all the cool levels.

You seem to think that LBP is work. That is the worst thing to treat it as. If you think building logic is tedious, than you don't have to play the game, or you could even just not publish any levels. There are plenty of players who are by no means good creators, but are famous because of intelligent, respectful, and helpful comments.

So next time you build a level and are disappointed with plays/hearts, realize that they are just ONE way of measuring your level. The best way to measure your level is to see how it is received by your target audience, which you can do by promoting the level on LBPC. You aren't the target audience of the people on the Cool Pages, and they probably don't care.

Back to top Go down
doggy2
Admin King
Admin King
doggy2

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys News 12-22-2010   Hey guys News 12-22-2010 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 6:58 pm

@Jaslow

I don't see LBP as work. I have lots of fun creating. I used to think of LBP as work, which is why I didn't play it for a long time. But since I started this clan, I have fun again with creating.

I do not deserve any credit for anything. I have few hearts, and I'm fine with that.

What frustrates me is when I see good honest creators like you and so many others not getting the credit they deserve. Making stuff is fun, it is a lot of fun. But LBP's tagline is "Play Create Share" not "Play Create Hoard". The purpose of making a level or even a whole game is to give the player an experience you devised.

Don't get me wrong, I knew that going into the game there was going to be crap. Crap in LBP will NEVER go away, and I can deal with that. I think we can all agree that this game would become perfect is the community changed. The community is the only game that is holding the game back from perfection

Maybe my expectations are unreasonable. Maybe I should calm down, shut up, and just play and create. Maybe you guys are right, and i'm just complaining about something that will never change.

When I posted this, I didn't want to make it seem I was a whiney little kid who creates for recognition. And I need to clarifiy something, because I could've made this post better.

I was VERY overdramatic when I posted this, and I hope you guys don't judge me by this post, because I regret posting the first half of this post now.

We can still talk about this though, because I love a good debate.

So. My bad.
Back to top Go down
Crifnud
Super Talkers
Super Talkers
Crifnud

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys News 12-22-2010   Hey guys News 12-22-2010 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 9:56 pm

when i play online, the majority of ppl's version of lbp's tagline is 'punch spam steal and hoard' i agree with you on that doggy
Back to top Go down
jaslow
jaslow

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys News 12-22-2010   Hey guys News 12-22-2010 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 11:07 am

Crifnud wrote:
when i play online, the majority of ppl's version of lbp's tagline is 'punch spam steal and hoard' i agree with you on that doggy

Crif, it's not stealing if that's what the community WANTS. If some people WANT bomb survivals, people will make them. It's not stealing if they do so. That's calling it "stealing" when Microsoft sells more computers than Apple, just because people don't see enough Apple stuff.

OK, you could have been taking stealing a different way, as in copying. We do the EXACT SAME THING. We steal level themes and gameplay from high quality creators. Our only difference is we have different role models.

And if you are saying that they are hoarding the hearts, than you are an absolute hypocrite. If it was a different way, THEY would be complaining that WE were stealing their hearts. There is no balance between these two extremes, because whatever is on the Cool Levels is what the majority of the community will build.

Back to top Go down
Crifnud
Super Talkers
Super Talkers
Crifnud

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys News 12-22-2010   Hey guys News 12-22-2010 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 5:34 pm

First of all, by stealing I meant I bring ppl to my moon to mess around, and the moment I finish or pull out something, everyone with me immediately tries or succeeds at saving it as their object.
And second of all, 'hoarding' is a word that I merely agreed with doggy on, that's who that argument is on. Not me.
Back to top Go down
FocusRSdude
FocusRSdude

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys News 12-22-2010   Hey guys News 12-22-2010 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 9:20 pm

well i just can't see how the communty "wants" boom survivals yet everywhere on forums they are mostly frowned apon. Thats what boggles my mind. I don't really care for hearts or plays anymore since I made a survival and I made it to the front page but it was terrible so I almost think its a bad thing to get on the front page unless its a decent not copied level.

i would have to agree with crifnud in how irritating it is to make something and get it copied the second its finished. Once I brought out one of my favorite objects I made and the person I showed it to thought I had copied it from someone else. Mad
I just don't show anyone but my most trusted friends my best stuff in create mode any more. I'm thinking I might just try and not care if any one copies my stuff because A) its a game and B) its play create SHARE. and just try not to care if people have stuff i made.

I'm kinda bored and supposed to be reading so that's why its so jumbled and longish. I think i might make a photoshop of watch, steal, republish Razz
Back to top Go down
jaslow
jaslow

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys News 12-22-2010   Hey guys News 12-22-2010 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 7:08 pm

The majority of the community does NOT go on forums.

How do levels get on Cool Levels without plays and hearts? They don't. People who don't know any better find these levels, and they play them, have fun, and then build their version.
Back to top Go down
lolliechocolate
lolliechocolate

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys News 12-22-2010   Hey guys News 12-22-2010 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 10:50 pm

Exactly jaslow. That's what I've come to think. People want to be on the cool pages, yet all they see are bomb survivals. They get high plays originally because you play it over and over trying to survive. Nothing wrong about them. But they should be at least half decent. BUT People want to be on the cool pages so they make these bomb survivals to be on the top. Not to make a good level.
Back to top Go down
FocusRSdude
FocusRSdude

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys News 12-22-2010   Hey guys News 12-22-2010 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 10:43 am

but come on! how would at least half of the non forum community not get bored of bomb survivals and seeing the same thing over and over again. if got on lbp evry day and only played bomb survivals I would not be playing it or think hmmmmm I'll make an origianal level. or I should search for better levels...... I just don't get it.
Back to top Go down
jaslow
jaslow

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys News 12-22-2010   Hey guys News 12-22-2010 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 12:03 pm

FocusRSdude wrote:
but come on! how would at least half of the non forum community not get bored of bomb survivals and seeing the same thing over and over again. if got on lbp evry day and only played bomb survivals I would not be playing it or think hmmmmm I'll make an origianal level. or I should search for better levels...... I just don't get it.

Focus, not everyone on LBP plays every day, or even builds levels! My sister plays about once every couple weeks, and she just clicks on Cool Levels and plays whatever is there. It's really convenient for people who don't really WANT to go searching to play levels, as they are able to have fun with anything. The people who play Cool Levels DON'T play LBP every day. They DON'T notice that things are being copied.

Back to top Go down
FocusRSdude
FocusRSdude

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys News 12-22-2010   Hey guys News 12-22-2010 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 9:19 pm

even once a week I would notice, Hey thats the same level I played last week and the week before and... I mean I get it but but part of me is just like people can't be that ignorant but then its little kids for the most part so hey it makes sense.
Back to top Go down
legolaselfking1
Super Talkers
Super Talkers
legolaselfking1

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys News 12-22-2010   Hey guys News 12-22-2010 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 5:07 am

ooh ok this is interesting and ha ha ha i know one of the posts were pmostly directed at me i try to build stuff the n ijust run out of gamepllay or story ideas and stuff and they just get abandoned so my main goal of this new yer of video gaming is to make a level and publish it and by the way happy new year =D
Back to top Go down
doggy2
Admin King
Admin King
doggy2

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys News 12-22-2010   Hey guys News 12-22-2010 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 8:53 pm

FocusRSdude wrote:

Ditto

The reason why I get frustrated in addition to the lack of good creating getting recognition, is that I kind of pitty the rest of the community, because they are missing out on what LBP really has to offer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys News 12-22-2010   Hey guys News 12-22-2010 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey guys News 12-22-2010
Page 1 of 1