WOLF (An OC Group)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't settle for the rest, BE A WOLF!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput)

Go down 
+4
jaslow
Crifnud
lolliechocolate
doggy2
8 posters
AuthorMessage
doggy2
Admin King
Admin King
doggy2

News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput) Empty
PostSubject: News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput)   News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput) EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 7:21 pm

Well, we haven't had news in while. But, all I wanted to say is my long term plans for this clan.

All I really want to do is this: Keep the clan together for LBP 2. We will be having some people return, and this clan will get what it really needs: A new, clean slate. You see, i'll be the first to admit that this clan has had kind of a rough history, and a very, very noobish start.

When I started this clan, I had no idea that it would be this hard. But, i've grown an attachment to this clan. I've had a LOT of fun. I havn't had this much fun on LBP since the first two months I had it.

I've figured out the root cause of our lack of members. The truth is that, there are SO many LBP clans that we just blend in with the crowd. There are so many "clans" that true clans have gained a bad reputation. Clans aren't in high demand anymore. The really good people on LBW don't want to join. Even though they joined Team Epic. Crying or Very sad

However, there is hope. When LBP 2 hits the shelves, all of that will be cleared. All of these noob clans will go away and give everyone a fresh start. All the spam and clutter will be gone. I can't wait for LBP 2.

I have missed many opportunities on LBP, but this clan will become what we all want it to be when LBP 2 is out. I assure you guys, WE WILL NOT FAIL.

But what will happen until then? Not much to be honest. I want to make that survival, and a couple more levels. Hopefully we'll get some more recruits and gain some reputation. My main goal though, is to bring this clan closer together. Although we've been through a lot, so that helps.

On a lighter note, there is something I want to disscuss.

What is it that you guys want this clan to be? Some people want it to be small, some want it to be huge. Some people want WOLF to take over LBP Razz .

What do you guys think?

I want this clan to grow, but I don't care how much or how little it does.

-doggy2

Last edited by doggy2 on Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://wolfforums.forummotion.com
lolliechocolate
lolliechocolate

PostSubject: Re: News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput)   News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput) EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 7:27 pm

I think it would be cool to have like a system set up for a fair amount of people, that I explained before, that we have a person from the original wolf to be an admin of a side forum so that it feels more like a family group that you can get attached too. But if you also look at the big perspective you are part of a huge revolution.
Back to top Go down
Crifnud
Super Talkers
Super Talkers
Crifnud

PostSubject: Re: News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput)   News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput) EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 9:09 pm

i just want it to stay organized no matter what size, on another note, i found a website thats about 2$ not sure if thats monthly weekly or what although it has a forum on it so i might be able to get a new topic on there .

lets get ourselves out and about so that were somewhat popular when noob clans do start up again in lbp2.

also, for the squads can i be leader of the 'props' squad? and there should be trials/tests (not math or anything) to get in certain squads such as: a member manager for the squad would say like "make a laser gun" and the victim err.. person would have to make a good looking laser gun to appease the manager and be allowed in. like?
Back to top Go down
lolliechocolate
lolliechocolate

PostSubject: Re: News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput)   News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput) EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 10:09 pm

no, no trials, but if your lazy and dont want to do something or are not willing to learn.
Back to top Go down
Crifnud
Super Talkers
Super Talkers
Crifnud

PostSubject: Re: News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput)   News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput) EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 12:24 am

Crifnud wrote:
i just want it to stay organized no matter what size, on another note, i found a website thats about 2$ not sure if thats monthly weekly or what although it has a forum on it so i might be able to get a new topic on there .

lets get ourselves out and about so that were somewhat popular when noob clans do start up again in lbp2.

also, for the squads can i be leader of the 'props' squad? and there should be trials/tests (not math or anything) to get in certain squads such as: a member manager for the squad would say like "make a laser gun" and the victim err.. person would have to make a good looking laser gun to appease the manager and be allowed in. like?
How 'bout that?(if it happens)

Also, to 'Stand out in the crowd' We should all work together to make something elaborate yet not too nerdy. geek
Back to top Go down
lolliechocolate
lolliechocolate

PostSubject: Re: News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput)   News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput) EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 1:31 am

a clock that works on gears!
Back to top Go down
doggy2
Admin King
Admin King
doggy2

PostSubject: Re: News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput)   News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput) EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 6:40 pm

Crifnud wrote:

Squads were disbanded a long time ago. I've been thinking about implementing some kind of way to orgainize people based on their skills, this would be more for the sake of orgainization. i've found that squads aren't flexible. And yes, the plan was to get popular before the noob clans do. And we can pull that off.
Back to top Go down
jaslow
jaslow

PostSubject: Re: News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput)   News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput) EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 7:49 pm

Look, LBP2 isn't going to do much.

Honestly, if we want fame, we should stick in LBP1 and be one of the few good creators left there.
Back to top Go down
Crifnud
Super Talkers
Super Talkers
Crifnud

PostSubject: Re: News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput)   News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput) EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 6:51 pm

doggy2 wrote:
Crifnud wrote:

Squads were disbanded a long time ago. I've been thinking about implementing some kind of way to orgainize people based on their skills, this would be more for the sake of orgainization. i've found that squads aren't flexible. And yes, the plan was to get popular before the noob clans do. And we can pull that off.
squads would only work if we had enough people there could be a 'on hold' squad that would have everyone not in a squad;they would be replacements for if someone wasnt online to work on the project . Wouldnt that work with enough active members?

(P.S. dont quote this, the quote inside a quote inside a quote inside a quote inside a quote inside a quote and so on gets annoying, kinda hard too understand, and takes up alot more space)
Back to top Go down
lolliechocolate
lolliechocolate

PostSubject: Re: News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput)   News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput) EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 7:16 pm

Crifnud wrote:
doggy2 wrote:
Crifnud wrote:

squads would only work if we had enough people there could be a 'on hold' squad that would have everyone not in a squad;they would be replacements for if someone wasnt online to work on the project . Wouldnt that work with enough active members?

(P.S. dont quote this, the quote inside a quote inside a quote inside a quote inside a quote inside a quote and so on gets annoying, kinda hard too understand, and takes up alot more space)

Sorry i couldent read your P.S part.
Back to top Go down
doggy2
Admin King
Admin King
doggy2

PostSubject: Re: News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput)   News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput) EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 9:07 pm

@ Crifnud.

The problem with squads is this:

If one person leaves or goes on sleeper cell, the squad is damaged. Until a replacement is found, the squad is weaker.

Having enough people in a squad to the point where a person leaving isn't a big deal seems fine, but then keeping all of those people together will be a nightmare. It would be so big, there's no point in calling it a squad.

I know not using squads sounds like a bad idea. When I got rid of squads, I was just as skeptical as you were. However, I believe I made the right choice because of two reasons:

1. Team Epic had squads. Look how well that turned out.

2. The most sucessful clans in LBP don't use squads.
Back to top Go down
Crifnud
Super Talkers
Super Talkers
Crifnud

PostSubject: Re: News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput)   News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput) EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 9:38 pm

you have some good points but as i said that would be a extra-large squad of 'on hold's that would replace someone that went missing. anyways i have some people on my friends list that would be good potential members, doggy, youve met 2 of them (Leah___n_n and salvic)
Back to top Go down
FocusRSdude
FocusRSdude

PostSubject: Re: News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput)   News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput) EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 12:48 am

then its not really a squad....
Back to top Go down
lolliechocolate
lolliechocolate

PostSubject: Re: News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput)   News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput) EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 3:50 am

Ya then it's an assignment, not a group. That could work, have an assignment that a group of four do this, when one drops out their replaced, but thats only if we need something done. Like say if we were big enough that we say for every year we had say WOLF CHRISTMAS 2010! Or something.
Back to top Go down
doggy2
Admin King
Admin King
doggy2

PostSubject: Re: News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput)   News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput) EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 7:33 pm

jaslow wrote:
Look, LBP2 isn't going to do much.

Honestly, if we want fame, we should stick in LBP1 and be one of the few good creators left there.

Wait wait wait. What? Why wouldn't we want to upgrade to LBP 2.
Back to top Go down
hipx55
Forum Addiction
Forum Addiction
hipx55

PostSubject: Re: News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput)   News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput) EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 8:40 pm

i think lbp 2 might change this clan hugely because thats what im waiting for espicially for my mushroom level
Back to top Go down
Crifnud
Super Talkers
Super Talkers
Crifnud

PostSubject: Re: News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput)   News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput) EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 12:15 am

I see what jaslows getin at, ive seen it happen before on this other creation game (for computer) the company came out with the second version and all the noobs and spam levels moved on but the good creators stayed on the first

but personaly, i think we should still move on but be ready and have many plans for lbp2, thats where Focus and jaslow would come in, they could rough out the originaly planed level ideas for lbps( that whole alien spaceship and zombie level thing with training courses and whutnot) and also the WOLF HQ

Everyone here knows what a 'boomtown' is right? we need the same affect with this clan before the noobs do.If we're too slow, it could be too late, it would probably end as we are now. We need the advertising and enlargement to get us well known and out there before we get lost in the crowd again.

For advertising to be prepared, i known a website that is known to many comic fans and iphone/ipod users, it has several open places for adverts.( http://blankitcomics.com/ (some of you may enjoy this -start from the beggining)) Lucky, you have a animated avatar which i assume you made, in which case you combine your flash skills with lollie's photoshop skills and we could have a nice spiffy advert. If we dont want to pay the money, we could sure still copy down the URL for it and post it as a new topic on the forum sections

Another form of advertising that could be rather major, I have a phenomenal DLC pack idea that would would bargain us an rather interesting side with MM. There are many, many stickers, materials, and costumes that would be inside. It would attract alot of attention to lbp players whether their looking for the contents or their a fan of the game. If names were mentioned, everyone in this clan may get the pack for free as well as possibly a little more clan support ( maybe inside of one of their news posts? Laughing )

Thats all for now.
Back to top Go down
lolliechocolate
lolliechocolate

PostSubject: Re: News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput)   News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput) EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 12:34 am

Good ideBut I haven't seen lucky on in a while. I'm going to work on a mock up metal wolf gadget thingy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
legolaselfking1
Super Talkers
Super Talkers
legolaselfking1

PostSubject: Re: News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput)   News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput) EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 11:42 am

lol nice that will be cool
Back to top Go down
doggy2
Admin King
Admin King
doggy2

PostSubject: Re: News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput)   News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput) EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 7:37 pm

Look, spam on LBP will never go away. Ever. These kinds of games have the flaw where crap will be everywhere. The difference between some of those games and LBP is that MM didn't handle it as well as they should have.

Hopefully they learned from thier mistakes and we can all move on.

@Crifnud

Good idea. I don't see why not. The first few months of LBP 2 will be HUGE. I can't wait to see how clans will affect LBP 2. By the time clans where commonplace in LBP 1, LBP had kind of settled down.
Back to top Go down
Aerostar250
Aerostar250

PostSubject: Re: News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput)   News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput) EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 1:05 pm

I kind of like the small group we have and would not want to go over 50 or 60. I dont like it when you go on a forum and you cant even remember who is who beacause there is like 5000 + users. Keep it small and get some more good creators in here.
Back to top Go down
legolaselfking1
Super Talkers
Super Talkers
legolaselfking1

PostSubject: Re: News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput)   News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput) EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 5:00 am

i totaly agree aero
Back to top Go down
Crifnud
Super Talkers
Super Talkers
Crifnud

PostSubject: Re: News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput)   News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput) EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 1:26 pm

Aero, that's what I've been hinting at for the last month....
Back to top Go down
FocusRSdude
FocusRSdude

PostSubject: Re: News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput)   News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput) EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 8:08 pm

well I'm pretty sure we agreed on that allready.
Back to top Go down
doggy2
Admin King
Admin King
doggy2

PostSubject: Re: News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput)   News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput) EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Yeah, it is a good plan. So that's what we'll be going with
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput)   News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput) Empty

Back to top Go down

News 12/01/2010 (I need your imput)
Page 1 of 1