WOLF (An OC Group)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't settle for the rest, BE A WOLF!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wolf Informational Level Contest

Go down 
+3
mattman111
legolaselfking1
Aerostar250
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

How long should people get to make their entries?
1 week
Wolf Informational Level Contest Left110%Wolf Informational Level Contest Right11
 0% [ 0 ]
2 weeks
Wolf Informational Level Contest Left1117%Wolf Informational Level Contest Right11
 17% [ 1 ]
1 month
Wolf Informational Level Contest Left1183%Wolf Informational Level Contest Right11
 83% [ 5 ]
other (please say what in a post.)
Wolf Informational Level Contest Left110%Wolf Informational Level Contest Right11
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Aerostar250
Aerostar250

Wolf Informational Level Contest Empty
PostSubject: Wolf Informational Level Contest   Wolf Informational Level Contest EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 5:42 pm

Okay, now that the whole contest confusion is cleared up, I will host the Wolf info level contest. Please advertise this wherever you can, and give me ideas on how and where we should advertise it. You guys can sign up for the below positions:

Tester/Judge: These people will play all the info levels, rating them for artwork, gameplay, and creativity, also making sure the information in the level is valid. Here is the break down for the rating process:

Artwork: /15

Gameplay: /5

Creativity /15

Information /20

Making a total of 55 marks or /55. All scores will be posted here when the judging begins. Here's an example on how to post them:

PSN: BOB

Level name: WOLF Informational Level. Join now!

Artwork: 7/15

Gameplay: 3/5

Creativity: 7/15

Information: 14/20

TOTAL SCORE: 31/55

Obviously, the highest overall score takes the cake. I will play these levels and make sure the ratings are reasonable and make the neccesary changes. I encourage all existing members to make an info level aswell, because it will increase our chances of someone seeing one of the levels. Doggy, can you please send us keys to your HQ level? We could place them in our levels and get some traffic going through there. Oh, and one more thing, please post news about this wherever you can. That goes for everyone, not just doggy. thx.

Current judges/testers:
Me,Doggy2.

SCOUTS: Scouts will search all over LBP for entry levels for this contest. I will encourage everyone to do this job. When you find a level, post the name of the creator and level here.

Donations: This is not extremely important, but we are trying to get some physical prizes to give people incentive to enter, other than: "Please enter! We need members! Please?" If no one donates, I will come up with the prizes with my own money. We are working towards a first prize of a $20 PSN card. Maybe $10 cash for second, and $5 for third? Please tell me what you think and answer my questions.

If you think I missed anything, please post here about it or PM me. Thanks all! Very Happy

P.S.: I voted for 2 weeks on the poll. VOTE NOW! The poll is now closed. Thanks for voting. By the heavy majority's votes, we will give 1 month for creators to finish their levels.

PLEASE POST NEWS OF IT WHEREVER YOU CAN!!!!! THX

P.S. I think this is the longest post in WOLF history! cheers

Last edited by Aerostar250 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
legolaselfking1
Super Talkers
Super Talkers
legolaselfking1

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Informational Level Contest   Wolf Informational Level Contest EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 8:06 pm

i like that amount of money for the prizes but what if someone ties in points i will be a judge but make an advertisement level for wolf also not to be in the copitition and you should have something to put in the name of your level like "(WILC)" stands for "(WOLF INFORMATION LEVEL COMPITITION)" anyone agree with me?

i think one month would be more fair to the contestents so more people can join later and how long will the judging period be?
Back to top Go down
mattman111
mattman111

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Informational Level Contest   Wolf Informational Level Contest EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 8:43 pm

Cool I'm going to make a level where Aero gets beat up by feral cats. Will that be acceptable? Btw ill be a judge if you need one.
Back to top Go down
Aerostar250
Aerostar250

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Informational Level Contest   Wolf Informational Level Contest EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 8:56 pm

mattman111 wrote:
Cool I'm going to make a level where Aero gets beat up by feral cats. Will that be acceptable? Btw ill be a judge if you need one.

lol. You cant enter competition, but you should make a info level.
Back to top Go down
Aerostar250
Aerostar250

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Informational Level Contest   Wolf Informational Level Contest EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 8:57 pm

Oh and you guys cant be judges yet. I have to see how many people want to sign up first and when I have everyone's application, I will see if I can make a third slot.
Back to top Go down
FocusRSdude
FocusRSdude

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Informational Level Contest   Wolf Informational Level Contest EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 9:18 pm

I wonld say one month or longer
Back to top Go down
legolaselfking1
Super Talkers
Super Talkers
legolaselfking1

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Informational Level Contest   Wolf Informational Level Contest EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 10:32 pm

ya i agree and what time zone will this contest be for? xD
Back to top Go down
Korvic
Admin
Admin
Korvic

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Informational Level Contest   Wolf Informational Level Contest EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 11:57 pm

Aerostar250 wrote:
Okay, now that the whole contest confusion is cleared up, I will host the Wolf info level contest. You guys

Artwork: /15

Gameplay: /5

Creativity /15

Information /20

I think it should focus more on the artwork creativity and info. Gameplay is an option, but if its an INFO level, then you shouldent need gameplay.

Last edited by luckypucky13 on Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mattman111
mattman111

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Informational Level Contest   Wolf Informational Level Contest EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 6:32 am

Aerostar250 wrote:
mattman111 wrote:

lol. You cant enter competition, but you should make a info level.
Fine a info level about the contest and ill put a easter egg in it that shows you getting beat up by feral cats.
Back to top Go down
legolaselfking1
Super Talkers
Super Talkers
legolaselfking1

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Informational Level Contest   Wolf Informational Level Contest EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 10:02 am

something you might want to think about for the judges is that you should all meet up on lbp and play the levels together and then pm aerostar the name of the level you rated and what you rated it anyone agree?

or tell what you rated it in aero's pod
Back to top Go down
doggy2
Admin King
Admin King
doggy2

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Informational Level Contest   Wolf Informational Level Contest EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 10:54 am

I voted a month. As soon as I can I will make a blank level with only the HQ key in it. The way to get in will be your WOLF sticker.

I will make a level, but I will not enter the contest. As for judges, we should only have us two.

Where should we send the donations?
Back to top Go down
https://wolfforums.forummotion.com
legolaselfking1
Super Talkers
Super Talkers
legolaselfking1

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Informational Level Contest   Wolf Informational Level Contest EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 12:53 pm

i agree 2 judges can sometimes be a lot depending on the kind of contest and good question doggy
Back to top Go down
Aerostar250
Aerostar250

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Informational Level Contest   Wolf Informational Level Contest EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 3:22 pm

doggy2 wrote:
I voted a month. As soon as I can I will make a blank level with only the HQ key in it. The way to get in will be your WOLF sticker.

I will make a level, but I will not enter the contest. As for judges, we should only have us two.

You mean you and I for judges?

I will ask for all the entries' adresses, in detail, and we will ship it to them via the post office. Sound good?
Back to top Go down
legolaselfking1
Super Talkers
Super Talkers
legolaselfking1

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Informational Level Contest   Wolf Informational Level Contest EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 3:31 pm

even though im not a judge that sounds good

but i have entered like 17 contests
Back to top Go down
Aerostar250
Aerostar250

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Informational Level Contest   Wolf Informational Level Contest EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 3:31 pm

firefly2000 wrote:
something you might want to think about for the judges is that you should all meet up on lbp and play the levels together and then pm aerostar the name of the level you rated and what you rated it anyone agree?

or tell what you rated it in aero's pod

I will add one more position to the mix. We need scouts to search for the info levels, and post the names of the levels and authors here, so doggy and I can search them and find them easier. I think that will make things much easier. None of you will need to send me scores, because doggy and I are going to be the only ones giving them. I may ask for more than one opinion, though, so you may have a chance to have your say in the judging of some of the levels. I think everyone, including me and doggy, should take on the role of scouts when the contest begins. If you want you can play it and in your post you can tell me not only the name of the Author and Level, but your thoughts on how it should be rated. Doggy or I will then check out the level and see if your ratings are reasonable and change them as needed.

Doggy? Do you agree that we should both play each level together? Or should we just play them all, but seperately? That's all.

Cheers. Wink
Back to top Go down
Aerostar250
Aerostar250

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Informational Level Contest   Wolf Informational Level Contest EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 3:33 pm

firefly2000 wrote:
even though im not a judge that sounds good

but i have entered like 17 contests

We can use your previous experience in contests to our advantage! You tell me what made the other contests you entered good, and how they advertised them, and we can improve our's based on other successful gameplans! Hop to it! thx

Oh and I agree with you Lucky, about the modified rating scheme. The first one was just me brainstorming. I appreciate the feedback! Very Happy

Last edited by Aerostar250 on Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
legolaselfking1
Super Talkers
Super Talkers
legolaselfking1

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Informational Level Contest   Wolf Informational Level Contest EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 3:34 pm

ok if you play one of the levels with me you will know if i think the level is bad because i will ask to move on xD
Back to top Go down
legolaselfking1
Super Talkers
Super Talkers
legolaselfking1

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Informational Level Contest   Wolf Informational Level Contest EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 3:37 pm

you put it in your sig idk i found out about lbl:4 in 1 epicness compitition from one of jaslow's latest posts but it was a while ago thats all i can think of right now i have to organize my school supplies.
Back to top Go down
doggy2
Admin King
Admin King
doggy2

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Informational Level Contest   Wolf Informational Level Contest EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 6:27 pm

Aerostar250 wrote:
doggy2 wrote:

I will ask for all the entries' adresses, in detail, and we will ship it to them via the post office. Sound good?

Is there anyway to transfer funds besides that?

I have an idea. I will go with my newfound wealth to best buy, buy PSN cards, and to the winners I will give the codes.
Back to top Go down
https://wolfforums.forummotion.com
legolaselfking1
Super Talkers
Super Talkers
legolaselfking1

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Informational Level Contest   Wolf Informational Level Contest EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 6:33 pm

that my friend is a good idea
Back to top Go down
FocusRSdude
FocusRSdude

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Informational Level Contest   Wolf Informational Level Contest EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 6:36 pm

doggy2 wrote:
Aerostar250 wrote:
doggy2 wrote:

I have an idea. I will go with my newfound wealth to best buy, buy PSN cards, and to the winners I will give the codes.

That should work, just don't mix them up with your own PSN card XD so they get nothing...
Back to top Go down
legolaselfking1
Super Talkers
Super Talkers
legolaselfking1

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Informational Level Contest   Wolf Informational Level Contest EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 6:38 pm

ya just make sure you dont accidentally use them xD
Back to top Go down
Aerostar250
Aerostar250

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Informational Level Contest   Wolf Informational Level Contest EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 10:09 pm

doggy2 wrote:
Aerostar250 wrote:
doggy2 wrote:

Wow thank you doggy. Should we modify the prizes? I think that PSN cards only come down to $20 minimum... There wouldn't be a second and third prize, if it weren't cash.
Back to top Go down
legolaselfking1
Super Talkers
Super Talkers
legolaselfking1

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Informational Level Contest   Wolf Informational Level Contest EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 10:28 pm

doggy you are so generess you get a cookie

Back to top Go down
Aerostar250
Aerostar250

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Informational Level Contest   Wolf Informational Level Contest EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:11 am

firefly2000 wrote:
doggy you are so generess you get a cookie

A cookie of generousity... duh duh duh. anyway back on topic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Informational Level Contest   Wolf Informational Level Contest Empty

Back to top Go down

Wolf Informational Level Contest
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next